The Sight-Size Cast
Drawing begins with seeing. Learning how to accurately see, as well as draw, is best done through Sight-Size cast drawing. Ateliers exist worldwide to help you do that.
But what if you cannot afford atelier training, or there is not an atelier nearby? Or, perhaps you are in an atelier and would like to supplement that training?
You can learn the basics of Sight-Size on your own, or enhance what you already know, through Darren R. Rousar's latest ebook, The Sight-Size Cast.
With just over 300 pages, The Sight-Size Cast will teach you essential concepts like:
- Why it is so important to learn to see through cast drawing in Sight-Size
- Why it is so important to learn to see the whole, and how to do it
On a practical level, The Sight-Size Cast walks you through the complete process of cast drawing using two different casts. You will learn how to:
- Choose a cast and properly set up your arrangement.
- Block-in your drawing
- Finesse the arabesque
- Mass-in your drawing
- Turn the edges, and complete the cast drawing
After cast drawing, you will also learn the basics of oil painting using a cast, in Sight-Size, as your subject.
Also included for free are:
- A Fresh Eye cheat sheet
- The Cast Drawing Sequence cheat sheets!
Note: The book is best viewed in the free version of Adobe Acrobat Reader.